CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

To Be Christian Part 4

Self Image

Eph 5:1, 2
1Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Our Self Image is a very important thing now a days but be careful about who you think you are. We need to understand who we are in Christ Jesus
Exodus 3

Usually when we get God's calling in our lives we like Moses become afraid of it and doubt it and we do not think we are good enough because usually to us that calling is much bigger then what we are. But God says you can do it with HIM.

God Says I am who I am because in the hebrew language you just could not pronounce HIS name.

God is willing to go the distance with us too if we let HIM.

We Wrestle with the fact that we will be used by God because of our self image. We must be careful that it's not based on ourselves but make sure that it is based on God for that's what it has to do with.

Phil 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

For Example
I can Change Any habit
I can practice Faith
I can start my day by saying I believe
I can choose to look at the positive instead of the negative.
I can Clean my home
I can Love those who do evil against me (like gossip)

And so on and so forth in fact you should make your own list of the things you know you can do through Christ. Because you can do all things.

The Word (bible) Says you have not because you ask not.
James 4:2
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

We can do all things in Christ regardless of our fear we need to ask, no matter how low you think you are or how you're feeling God Loves you and that will never change.

Eph 3:16-19
16
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Self Image has very little to do with who you are in the flesh and everything to di with who you are in Christ.

God transforms you full of the spirit of God once you ask HIM into your heart.

We Are the temple of the Living God.

It's no Long I that liveth But
Christ that Liveth in Me

We as Christ followers must remember this fact.

Let Christ be in all of you all your actions and deeds all your life and words not just in your heart but in all of you.


Who we are is in Christ.

The challange this week is this

Don't put yourself down or think of who you are in the flesh but think of who you are in Christ.

0 comments: